12 Essential Beauty Products You Aren’t Using…But Should
It’s been a crazy week of traveling and moving and I’m so relieved that it’s almost over! I’ll be returning to my regularly scheduled programing next week, but to tie you over, Chelsea from Chelsea Shoots People is guest posting today and sharing some great tips on beauty products
Chelsea is a blogger and shutterbug with a passion for all things beauty. She shares easy-to-follow tips on makeup and believes anyone can take a beautiful picture with the right help. You can find her most days blogging over at Chelsea Shoot People as well as connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
One of the biggest questions I am asked as a (self-proclaimed) beauty guru is “Which essential products should I be using? It seems like you have every product ever made!” I have to admit I am a makeup junkie, but you do not have to amass a huge collection to benefit from these 12 crucial beauty essentials that you aren’t using, but should. (psst, you may have over half of them in your kitchen!)
This list will have you looking beautiful without breaking the bank. As a bonus, I am sprinkling in a recipe or two so that you can make your OWN beauty products because looking good and feeling good go hand-in-hand. Keep score of how many you are already using a brag about it in the comments below!
Cosmetics aka Makeup
1. Hand Sanitizer
- Cleans hands before applying makeup.
- Restores eye shadow, blush or powder into original solid form after broken.
- Makeup brush cleanser.
- Removes makeup stains from clothing.
- Helps heals pimples.
- Use as an emergency deodorant (Because we have ALL been there.)
2. Primer (Eyes)
- Hides discoloration of the skin around the eyes.
- Helps eye shadow to stay longer and makes it crease-proof.
- Makes eye shadow POP!
- Seals pores.
- Provides a flawless and smooth makeup finish.
- Gives you youthful-looking skin by blurring imperfections.
- Easy to apply. (It literally disappears on the skin.)
- Evens out skin tone.
- Makes skin soft.
- Add decoration (like jewels) to your makeup for that “WOW!” factor.
- Cover eyebrows easily.
- Helps adhere bald caps for wearing wigs.
- Basic special effects are so much easier to apply and adhere.
- Keeps eyebrows in place.
- Helps define eyebrow shape.
- Tints brows ever-so-slightly for perfect, even color.
FOOD aka Natural and Cheap
6-9. Aloe Vera, Honey, Sesame Oil & Apple Cider Vinegar
10. Coconut Oil
- Shave with coconut oil for zero razor burn or irritation.
- Apply to dry cuticles for instant moisture.
- As an emergency or natural deodorant.
- Can help fight skin conditions like eczema.
- Wonderful and natural lip moisturizer.
- Reverses elbow discoloration.
- Can be used to add highlights to your hair.
- Brightens skin tone and lightens dark spots.
12. Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (Preferably organic)
- 1/2 Cup Oil (Coconut/Olive/Jojoba)
- 10-15 Drops Lavender