My Date Night Essentials + 15 Minute Date Night Makeup Tutorial
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeHealthyForEveryPartofLife #CollectiveBias
I mentioned last week how Dustin passed his huge series 7 test to become a licensed investment consultant. It’s been a huge relief to have that test behind us; if Dustin didn’t pass, he wouldn’t have been able to stay at his job and we would have been up a creek! He took his test last Monday and I was an anxious wreck all day. I literally holed up in my bed with my computer, watched a ton of Netflix and tried to nap as I waited for his 6-hour test to be over and to find out if he had passed. I knew that if he did pass, we would go out to celebrate, but if he didn’t I would probably cry, so I didn’t want to get ready for the day until I knew for sure.
When the phone call finally came in the late afternoon and Dustin told me through his excitement that he had passed, I still cried, but from relief and joy. I’ve never seen him work so hard or study so hard for a test and it was a huge accomplishment for him and a huge relief for the both of us to know his job was secure. After calming down, I realized that we had a celebratory date to go on that night and I needed to get ready, fast! So, I grabbed a couple of my date night essentials and sat down at my vanity and went through my 15 minute date night makeup routine! This makeup routine is as simple as it gets; looks polished and fancy for a night out and is fast and easy! Combined with my essentials, I can be ready to go in 20 minutes flat!
First thing first: I always pop a couple Advil Liqui-Gels because nothing’s faster on tough pain (among OTC pain relievers). I have really bad arthritis and tendonitis in my left hip as a result from all the knee issues from my tumor and the last thing I want is to be in pain or uncomfortable during a date. Advil has been my go-to for the last five years for my pain management and I can always rely on it to take care of my discomfort so I can have a good time on my date!
15 Minute Date Night Makeup Tutorial:
- Hey there, bare face! Since I only need my makeup to last for a few hours on date night, I skip the primer and just moisturize. The moisturizer helps smooth out my skin for an even application but applies faster!
2. Instead of worrying about applying different shades of eyeshadow and taking the time to blend them all together, I opt for a cream based shadow and just apply it all over the lid. Cream-based shadows apply really well with a finger tip, have great pigmentation and last all night without creasing. This took me all of 2 minutes to apply and saves so much time when you are crunched for time.
3. After my eyeshadow is on, I line my lids with a black liquid liner, but I don’t do a wing. Winged liner takes me FOREVER, so I skip out on it and opt to make the liner a little thicker on the outer half of my lid. This helps define the eye shape and makes lashes look fuller without getting too messy or taking too much time!
4. For a quick foundation fix, I use this powder foundation. I’m normally not a powder foundation type of girl because I feel like it never stays long, but the Younique one lasts long enough for a whole date night and has great coverage without looking cakey or feeling heavy. The above picture shows the coverage ability (it’s applied to half of my face) It also goes on really fast since it’s a powder, so I don’t have to take the extra 5-7 minutes to buff out and blend it in. I just apply it all over my face with a powder brush and call it good.
5. I fill in my eyebrows with a pomade so that they stay put all night (having brows that move around is a nightmare).
6. I then curl my lashes and throw on two coats of my holy grail mascara!
7. I finish off by adding a little color and shimmer to my face! I use Milani’s Bronzer all over my cheeks and along my hairline to warm my skin up.
8. I use the this highlighting pallet to add a glow to the tops of my cheek bones to give a little more dimension to my face!
9. Last but not least, I apply ChapStick Total Hydration to my lips because Dustin refuses to kiss me if I have lipstick on. The Chapstick Total Hydration instantly smooths and moisturizes lips, gives my lips a glossy, finished look and doesn’t prevent my husband from giving me a big fatty smooch! It’s a win/win!
Ta-da! I’m ready to go on a date feeling pretty and confident and it only took me 15 minutes to get ready! By now, any discomfort or pain I usually have in my hip/knee has started to fade away, so I can enjoy dinner with my husband without being in pain.
On our way out the door, I grab one more date night essential: Nexium 24hr. I normally don’t suffer from heartburn, but my sweet husband sometimes does. It can be a bummer to be halfway through our date and to have Dustin start feeling unwell, so it’s definitely a necessity to have in my bag. (May take 1 to 4 days for full effect. Use as directed.)
If you need to get your hands on some of these essentials, you can find them at your local Walmart! The ChapStick can be a little tricky to find, so check the end caps!
In this season of Thanksgiving, I am so grateful for a husband who worked so hard to pass his test, who goes to work every day to put a roof over my head and food on our table and who lets me chase my blogging dreams. It was so fun to celebrate his success this last week and, with these essentials, I didn’t have to worry about anything spoiling our night.
You can check out other date night essentials here and tell me which ones you need for your date night! Do you have a go-to makeup routine to get ready fast? I want to know!