Box Wars: Nature Box vs Graze
You should all know by now that I have an obsession (that some would probably consider unhealthy) with mail. Namely: packaged. More Namely: Subscription boxes. I know there are some people who think they are a fat waste of money, and some who share the same joy in getting a special box in the mail just for them. I have to say: I think there are some boxes that are a big fat waste of money and there are some boxes that are totally worth it to try out. So, in order to determine which ones are where we should put our buck and which ones to stay away from, I’ve decided to start doing box wars (cue dramatic music). Basically, this is my way of trying out all the subscription boxes and taking the mystery out of which ones to stay away from, and which ones might be worth signing up for.
On the docket today: Nature Box vs Graze.com Box. Both of these are healthy snack services that I tried over the last couple months while in California because #imasnacker and needed some healthier options so I would stay away from the oreos and Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter.
Nature Box is “smart, delicious snacking made easy with over 100 types of snacks to try.” They offer several pricing plans (3 snacks for 14.00 a month and 5 snacks for 20.00 a month) and several delivery schedules (once a week, once every other week or once a month). You can choose which snacks you want sent to you online in your “pantry” and can choose to skip a month or change the frequency of your deliveries whenever you want. These snacks come in resealable bags and range in size from 3-6 ounces. I tried their free sample box (8 smaller snacks) and then tried two of their 3 bag boxes after.
Graze.com Box is “a new way to snack.” Their model is a little different, as they send 8 single serving sized snacks for 11.99 a month. As these are single serve sizes, the packaging is not resealable. Graze uses an algorithm based on your taste preferences to pick which snacks you get to try each month. You can have your graze box delivered to your home or work place. I tried their free sample box (4 snacks) and then tried one of their 8 snack boxes after.
Nature Box Pros:
- You can choose how many snacks you want and at what frequency you get them at
- You can choose which snacks you want sent to you
- The snacks come in resealable pouches
- The Taste-Nature Box snacks are freaking AMAZING! Their garlic parmesan pop-pops totally rocked my world and I got them with each box. I also loved their lemon tea cakes and honey mustard pretzels.
Nature Box Cons:
- Some snacks seemed a little on the small side (or I just ate them to fast)
Graze.com Box Pros:
- Single Serving sizes prevents you from over snacking
- Snack containers are small and fit easily in a lunch box or purse
- The price is decent
Graze.com Box Cons:
- Containers aren’t resealable, so I couldn’t eat a little bit of the snack and then put it back in my bag to finish later
- You can’t choose your snacks
- The Taste: Not amazing. I got 3 snacks out of the 12 I tried that I actually liked. Most of them were weird trail mix type snacks that were messy and not very good. I ended up trying all of them, but throwing most out because I didn’t like them and Dustin didn’t like them
If you are looking for a healthy snack box, Nature Box is the clear winner. Although it is a tiny bit more expensive, you have complete control over your snacks and your deliveries. Your snacks come in resealable pouches, PLUS the snacks are really yummy! The Graze.com box is not worth it and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone!
Have you tried either of these services? Which one sounds more like a fit for you? What other subscription boxes would you like to see reviewed?