How to Organize Your Makeup Brushes like a Pro
I’ve learned the hard way that having the right makeup brushes makes all the difference in the world when it comes to applying makeup. Over the last few months, I’ve gathered quite the collection of brushes and tools to help apply my makeup, but lately, I’ve been getting really, really, frustrated with trying to keep them all organized and that was making me really, really frustrated with putting my makeup on in general. I’d like to think I’m a pretty calm person, but I admit, I get frustrated easily by little things. It’s something I need to work on, but man, when something simple and easy doesn’t go right (like me not being able to find my makeup brush) I get really mad. Anyway, I originally had gone the route of keeping all my brushes in my “Don’t Let the Muggles Get You Down” mug, but I found that I was spending a long time searching through all the brushes trying to find the specific blending brush I wanted to use. Plus, my mug was getting pretty full, so it was hard to keep them all in there!
So I thought to myself: “Chels, there has got to be a better way! Figure it out so you can keep your sanity!”
I set out to figure out a way to organize my makeup brushes so that I could once again go back to applying my makeup in peace! When I saw Scotch® Expressions Tapes in the craft section of Walmart I knew I wanted to use it! I’ve never actually owned any Washi Tape, but I’ve been meaning to get my hands on some for ages! I decided that using the Scotch® Expressions Tapes would be the perfect tool to use to organize my makeup brushes!
Guys, I am NOT a crafty person. I mean, I try to be, but it’s just not something that flows very naturally from me. But this tape was SO easy to use and this took me all of 30 minutes to get all my brushes organized! Here’s how to organize your makeup brushes like a pro:
1. I first dumped all of my makeup brushes out of my Muggle Mug (haha, see what I did there?) and organized them into three different categories: blending brushes, shader brushes, and everything else (brow tools, pencil brushes, tiny brushes.)
2. Taking my first Scotch® Expressions Tapes, I carefully wrapped a band of it around each makeup brush of the first group (the shaders).
3. I cut the end of the tape with a pair of sissors to make the edge even and pressed it down into the tape with my fingernail to make sure it sealed shut!
4. I repeated the steps above with my second shade of Scotch® Expressions Tapes for the second group of brushes (blending brushes) and then added the third purple tape to the third group!
5. I decided to take my organization skills to the next level! I took these tiny jars that I had picked up at a local thrift store and wanted to use them to keep my new groups of brushes separate so I can find them even easier! I put a strip of each of the Scotch® Expressions Tapes on each jar to coordinate with my groups of brushes.
6. I wanted to jazz them up, so I used the purple masking tape from the Scotch® Create line to add some more color and a different thickness of stripes!
Tada! No more messy, unorganized makeup brushes for me! I love how these turned out and they look super cute on on my vanity! This also makes it really easy to put my brushes away because they are now color coded! And, for someone who isn’t very crafty, this was really easy to do!
If you need to give your makeup brushes a little organization loving, you can find Scotch® Expressions Tapes and the Scotch® Create line at Walmart while you are there on your weekly trip to get Christmas gifts or just smell all the candles (that’s me). They are in different isles (Scotch® Expressions Tapes is in the scrapbook isle and Scotch® Create is in the office supplies isle).
I love having the right brushes for putting on my makeup, and now I love that they are organzied, cute and easy to find! One happy beauty blogger right here!
I’m now obsessing over my Scotch® Expressions Tapes! What other crafty (but not complicated) things can I do with it? How do you organize your makeup tools?