This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GoodyStyle #CollectiveBias
It was a bit quiet around HTC last week. My mom and my sister flew out to Arizona (from cold Boston and cold Utah) to spend the week in sunny Arizona. I could not have been more thrilled to have them here. My whole family got to be together for Christmas, but Dustin & I couldn’t fly home because of his new job and I was bumming MAJORLY. Thankfully, my brother-in-law bought my sister a plane ticket to come see me for my Christmas present (and hers) and my mom was able to fly out for the week as well. We were bummed that my youngest sister couldn’t make it down this time: we missed you, Boo! Anyway, I thought I would keep up with my blog during the evenings, but I decided that I just wanted to unplug and focus on spending the limited and precious time with my mom and sister for the week instead. I’m not sorry that I did that.
Anyway, I was stoked to have Ashley come down because growing up, I wanted to be a hairstylist, and always used her as my practice model. So naturally, one of the first things I did when she got into AZ was to sit her down and play with her long, gorgeous blonde hair (yes, both of my sisters are naturally blonde). She’s got such a natural wave and her hair is super thick, so it’s basically my dream head of hair to play with. My sister is such a beauty to begin with, but I love playing with her hair and making her feel even more beautiful! A new hairdo is the perfect way to feel refreshed and confident in yourself! So, as soon as she got to my apartment, we got to work right away to create some easy and beautiful springtime hair tutorials
Ashley wanted some help finding some easy spring time hair-dos to wear as the weather warms up over the next few months. I have been dreaming about pretty spring braids and soft curls with flowers for weeks now, so I was excited to try some ideas out finally. And, since I just got my hands on the new Goody Oval Clean Radiance Brush and picked up some new Goody Ouchless Elastics, I was dying to try them out. Ashley and I both have dry scalps in the winter time, and the Clean Radiance Brush has copper bristles that help reduce scalp buildup and add shine to hair. I was excited to put the new brush to the test to see if it really added shine to my hair and helped it feel cleaner.
Look #1: Easy Springtime Boho Braided Crown
How we achieved this look:
- First, I used the Goody Oval Clean Radiance Brush to section off some hair behind Ashley’s right ear. I pulled that section out across her forehead and began to dutch braid it.
- I only added hair from the front of her head as I braided it, leaving the back pieces free.
- I continued this braid across the top of her head and then braided it out and tied it off with an Ouchless hair elastic from Goody (Ashley’s hair can get snarled up in elastics really easily because of all the texture, so these were miracle workers! No snarls!)
- I then “chunked up” her braid, by pulling the braid apart to give it more volume and shape.
- I used the Clean Radiance Brush to section off a smaller section of hair behind her right ear and braided a smaller, regular braid back across her head.
- I “chunked up” this little braid, too, and secured it behind her ear with a bobby pin.
- Finally, I took some silk flowers and tucked them into the braid behind her right ear to add some spring time vibes!
Look #2: Easy Springtime Braided Updo
This look adds onto the first look we came up with! So, in order to achieve this look, do all the steps in the tutorial above and then:
- Secure both braids at the back of the head with a Goody Ouchless Elastic!
- Separate the rest of the hair into three sections and braid it in one big, loose braid down the back.
- Chunk up the braid and then bring it up and tuck up and under the braided crown.
- Tuck the ends of the braid into the bun and secure with some bobby pins
- Add silk flowers into the side of the braid!
Look #3: Soft Waves
If you don’t have long gorgeous hair like my sweet sister, I put together a spring hairstyle with flowers for short hair, too! I hope one day that I can have long hair like Ashley’s, but for now, I’ll be rocking these lovely soft curls!
I really love this look for the spring time because it’s softer than traditional curls. I used to never brush my curls out because it seemed counterintuitive after spending 30 minutes curling my hair. But, I decided to give it a go with my new Goody Clean Radiance Oval Cushion Brush to see how the curls would look. I LOVED the way the brush smoothed out the curls without making them go flat and I could honestly see the difference in the shininess of my hair after using this brush.
Here’s how I got this look:
- I first curled my whole head with my 3/4″ curling iron by wrapping my hair around the barrel as if it was a wand. I like curling my hair this way because it gives it more of a loose and natural feel to begin with.
- After curling my whole head, I gently brushed out my curls with my Goody Clean Radiance Oval Cushion brush, starting from the ends and moving up my head, so that my hair wouldn’t get too frizzy.
- I parted my hair down the side and took a small section on the left and twisted it back. I secured the twist with a pin.
- I tucked in a silk flower to my twist to add a springy vibe!
I’m seriously so impressed with this hair brush and can’t wait to continue to use it to soften up my curls and help reduce the buildup on my scalp. You can find this brush & hair elastics and more fun products from Goody at Target (you know, while you’re there on your weekly trip to “just pick up some milk”) Make sure you are using the Cartwheel App to get some awesome savings while you are at it; there are several awesome deals going on for kid’s accessories and Goody Hairbrushes in the beginning of March!
Have you tried the Goody Clean Radiance Brush? Which hair tutorial did you like best?