How I Throw a Stress-Free Christmas Party + DIY Wrapping Paper Table Runner
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! In case you didn’t catch it; I LOVE Christmas time! I feel like I’ve been waiting for Christmas time to come all year (because I have) and the second we were home from on Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, I immediately started planning my first Christmas party! Truth time: I used to shy away from planning parties because I would get overwhelmed and worry about having the “Pinterest perfect” party. As much as I love Pinterest, I definitely am not crafty or resourceful enough to put together a perfect tablescape. I realized that I needed to let my stress go because it was getting in the way of my Christmas cheer. So, I came up with an easy formula to throw a stress-free Christmas party and it’s been my go-to ever since!
So, this weekend, I wasted no time in throwing my first (but not last) Christmas party of the season: a holiday movie party!
How I Throw a Stree-Free Christmas Party
- I make a table runner out of wrapping paper. Yeah, you heard me! I picked up a roll of wrapping paper and made a table runner out of it! It’s easy, cheap and I don’t have to worry about people spilling their food on it. In order to make it, I stretch the wrapping paper out across my table and fold it in half to find the middle. Then, I fold each side into the middle and tape it down! Then, I wrap the ends under the table and tape it down! Ta-da! Table runner completed!
2. Hang a banner over the table. I found this cute “oh what fun” banner in the dollar bin of one of my favorite stores and thought it would be perfect decoration to hang over my table. It took me all of 1 minute to hang it up; easy and simple and cute!
3. Add some other Christmas Decorations. I put a few ornaments in a glass bowl, wrapped some lights around a candle and put it in my winter vase and taped a red beaded garland along the bottom of my table. Simple decorations that took me all of 15 minutes to put up but added the right amount of Christmas spirit to my table!
4. Paper Products for an Easy Clean-Up. I’m all about easy clean up after a party, so I opt for paper plates and cups. I had to grab these cute paper straws to spice things up a little, but even those are disposable!
4. Sam’s Club. Especially after cooking all day Thursday, I’m in no mood to spend another day cooking food for my guests! So, it’s off to Sam’s Club I go to take advantage of their awesome Cafe Family Pizza & Coca-Cola Combo. For 13.98, I get a 16″ pizza, cheesy breadstick with marinara sauce, 6 chocolate chip chunk cookies and a 2 liter of Coca-Cola. How can I go wrong?! All of that food for under 14 dollars!?!?!
The pizza is delicious, my guests couldn’t stop talking about how much they loved the garlic flavor and the crust. Rosie loved getting bites of the cheesy bread and the cookies were the perfect way to end the meal! Being able to get all of this food in one place and not having to cook any of it makes it the perfect choice for a stress-free party!
5. Watch a Holiday Movie! After hanging out, eating amazing pizza and catching up with our friends, we settle in to watch one of our favorite holiday movies! It’s a fun way to welcome the coming month of Christmas festivities, but it doesn’t involve a whole lot of planning!
Ta-da! Not only did I throw a fun and delicious Christmas party, but I did it stress free and for under 20 bucks!
Are you throwing any holiday parties this Christmas season? Have you tried the Sam’s Club pizza combo before?