The Most Comfortable Spring Shoes + Outfit Ideas
This post has been sponsored by the PRIMP Network. All opinions are my own
Spring is here. Even though I woke up to an inch of snow yesterday morning, I believe that it’s here. I mean, we had perfect 70-degree weather this last weekend and the snow melted by the early afternoon, so I’m going to believe the snow was a fluke and that the warm weather is going to stay from here on out. So, I’ve been knee-deep in spring cleaning (we’re doing a spring cleaning challenge in the #yearofme FB group) and I decided to take all my spring and summer clothes out of storage, wash them, and hang them up. As I was organizing my closet, I became painfully aware that I didn’t have any decent spring shoes for adventuring. Sure, I have cute heels, wedges, and flip-flops but none of those are ideal for walking 11 miles on the Las Vegas strip and not breaking an ankle or screwing up my knee replacement.
Thankfully, my shoes from Hotter Shoes came in the mail a few days after I came to this realization and all my worries about having cute (but comfortable and supportive) shoes for the spring melted away. Hotter Shoes are the UK’s LARGEST shoemaker and have been in business since 1959. All the shoes are made in a UK factory and each pair has a 100% Happy Guarantee. They also have fun accessories, like totes and bags!
Shopping Hotter Shoes Tip – Hotter Shoes has a fitting guide on their site to help you find the best fit for your foot. I found that the best fit for me was about 1/2 size down from my normal size.
While Hotter Shoes are more of an investment for your closet, I 100% believe that high-quality shoes will always be worth the splurge. Since I walk on a knee replacement and reconstructed left leg, having a supportive shoe that doesn’t give me blisters and that LASTS is the most important thing that I could buy. These shoes from Hotter Shoes are of the highest quality and I cannot recommend them enough!
Daisy Slip-Ons in Aqua
These. are. amazing. They are so so soft, so comfortable and have great support. I also love that these are slip-ons. I haven’t ever been much of a sneaker girl, because it takes so long to unlace them, put your feet in them, and then lace them back up. I usually am running late, so shoes that I can throw on super fast and get out the door are at the top of my list. Usually, that means flip-flops, but I can tell you from experience that flip-flops are not good shoes for springtime adventures. They leave you feeling pretty sore and usually cause a lot of joint pain for me because I’m not wearing supportive enough shoes.
- Since these are a fun (but soft) color, think about neutrals. Pair with greys, whites, and even darker shades of blue to allow the shoes to steal the show. I choose to stick to denim and grey to help make sure my shoes had all the attention.
- These are super comfortable for walking in and would be ideal for long walks (like shopping or exploring the downtown of a city.) Think about comfortable and casual clothes that would pair well with these – like a graphic tee, distressed denim, or even a swing dress. I love this cactus graphic tee that I snagged during a recent sale. It is a super fun print, but also subtle, so it doesn’t overwhelm the casualness of the outfit or distract from my cutesy shoes.
- These come in a variety of colors, but I recommend choosing a color that you don’t have in your closet already. While neutral colors are necessary, having a soft blue or pink can be a fun way to add some flair to an outfit!
Resort Sandals – Dark Tan
Of course, there are those warm days where you want your toes to breathe and feel the sunshine and not be in a closed-toe shoe. I’ve always resorted to flip flops for those days and have ALWAYS regretted it. (See above – not supportive and causes bad joint pain on my knee replacement and lower back.) I’ve always thought that finding a sandal that is supportive, stylish, and comfortable was impossible – that kind of shoe simply didn’t exist. AND THEN the Resort Sandal shoes from Hotter Shoes came into my life and I was proven wrong.
These sandals are go above and beyond your typical summer sandal. They have ARCH SUPPORT! I KNOW! I didn’t think that existed in sandals either! No more flat, flimsy flip-flops. These babies mold to your feet and provide support to your arches and reduce the pressure on your joints. Another thing that this sandal has going for them? The strap is extremely soft and pliable – NO worries about having to break them in or getting blisters the first time you wear them. They are that soft and comfortable right out of the box.
- These babies can be dressed up or down! I opted to go somewhere in the middle – not super fancy, but not super casual either. They are super versatile and would pair well with distressed denim all the way up to a more fitted spring dress.
- I choose the most neutral, summer color I could get my hands on, so make sure they would go with EVERYTHING. Since they are so comfortable, I wanted to make sure that I could slip them on and go without worrying if they coordinated with my outfit.
- I went more girly with this outfit to show how these sandals could be dressed up. While they would be ideal for a super casual summer outfit (shorts, a striped tee, etc.) they also look adorable with a more dressy, feminine outfit. I pulled out my white jeans for the first time this year and paired it with this eyelet detail peach-colored peplum. It’s SO girly and perfect for spring and the sandals went perfectly with it!
If you want to get your hands on the most comfortable and durable shoes for spring, Hotter Shoes is offering a special discount code to friends of Hey There, Chelsie! Get 40% off your order PLUS free shipping and tracking with the code PRIMP40! Terms: *40% off applies to your total order value. Valid on first orders only. Offer only applies to full price items, and excludes Sale styles and shoe care accessories. Minimum order value of $40 after the promotion has been applied to enjoy Free Shipping & Returns. Free shipping applies to tracked US delivery only, regardless of the number of items ordered
Okay, tell me which shoe style or outfit is more “you” in the comments below!