Life on Friday
It’s been a while since I’ve chatted about life on here, so I figured that today would be the perfect day to catch up!
Dustin, Rosie and I have been in California for three weeks now, and it’s finally starting to feel a little bit more like home. For the first few weeks, it felt like we were just on a extra long trip, but now that we’re settled into our room at my in-laws house and I found a job (yay!), it beginning to feel a little bit more permanent and real. The weather has been unreal; sunny and warm and breezy. It’s a little bit like a dream to be living in a place where sunshine just streams down all day long, after coming from the cold tundra we call Idaho. Rosie loves to spread out in the back yard in the warmth and it brings me so much joy to see her so happy.
Our summer plans are constantly changing as new opportunities come up and original plans get altered. It’s been a little hard for me to live like that; not knowing exactly what the next couple of months are going to offer or where we are going to end up. I am learning to go with the flow; to let go of the things I cannot control and to focus on the things I can. Not as easy as it sounds, but I know that as long as I have my Rosie girl and Dustin, things will be just fine.
Currently, I’m recovering from a nasty stomach flu. It tore through the house this last week, hitting my mother-in-law, niece, brother-in-law and then me. Today, I spent all morning watching the Mindy Project and it was the best way to recover from the nasty bug. Seriously. So funny. If you have Hulu Plus, I highly recommend that you check it.
Lately, I’ve been reading books from Net Galley (most of them duds) and It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. I’ve traded in my favorite baby bell cheese for laughing cow and I thought I would be mad about it, but I’m not. Also, having the motorcycle in California is ten times better then I thought it would be-turns out riding around on nicely paved roads and no wind makes a huge difference.
If you are looking for a good blog read, I highly recommend you check out Cat’s recent post on FTC guidelines. It is so informative about how you should be doing disclosures (heads up, using c/o or putting a disclosure at the bottom of your post is against the rules!)
Since it’s getting to the end of the month, I would be remiss if I didn’t give a shout out to my sponsor’s this month:
- Taylor from Dear Friends guest posted last week with this easy and delicious 4 ingredient recipe for cinnamon rolls!
- Jasmine from Sassy, Classy and a little bit Smartassy guest posted at the beginning of the month with her favorite go-to spring beauty products.
- Ashley from American Honey guest posted about her favorite tips and tricks to survive road trips!
- Courtney from The Everyday Elegance shared her behind the scenes for her Instagram and I got some great tips from the post!
- Brittany from The Kardia wrote this super informative post about starting a capsule wardrobe. I’ve been debating back and forth about whether I want to try to create one!
- Summer from Coffee with Summer recently gave 5 tips for positive self talk and I really needed them! Be sure to check it out!
- Ashley from Messy Milestones wrote a beautiful post about finding peace in the uncertainty. Definitely a must read!
So, that’s my life lately, on this Friday! I’ve got a great Instagram giveaway launching on Sunday, so be sure you are following me so you can get in on it! Thanks for being such great friends and so supportive of this little blog.