Home Office Day Dreaming
This post is sponsored by Yorkshire Linens. I was compensated for this post, but all thoughts are my own and my honest opinions. I will only promote products I genuinely love and feel like you would like as well!
Cat from Oddly Lovely recently posted about how she is getting ready to create her own office space and put together a cute and whimsical list of office accessories. It got me day dreaming hard about my future office space, when Dustin and I get to move back into our own place at the end of the summer. As much as we love being close to family and taking a break from rent for the last few months and paying off some student loans, I miss having a space that is specified for my creative process.
I have been browsing Pinterest and department stores ever since Cat’s post went up last week and putting together a board to prepare for creating my own space in September. I’m a planner, what can I say? Here are some pictures that are inspiring me for my own office.
1. While browsing Pinterest and looking at lovely home offices, this image stuck out to me the most. I loved the modern, clean feel with pops of color and accents. When I put my future office together, I’m definitely digging the white with tones of rose, gold and turquoise.
2.The apartments we are looking at all have big balconies and lots of windows, so I’m excited about the prospect of utilizing lots of light and the ability to sit outside to read. That being said, it’s important to me to be able to block out the light when the sun starts getting in my eyes, so door curtains are an inventive and creative way to control the light instead of blinds. Check these door curtains from Yorkshire Linens.
3.Bookshelves are a must for displaying favorite books and odds and ends. I like the color combination from this picture of accessories and odds and ends. I can’t decide wether I would put the bookshelves above the desk or put up a mood board to pin thoughts and ideas to; would it look messy or creative? Not sure.
4. Like I mentioned above, I definitely love the idea of a white desk, so that the accessories really pop. I love this one from Ikea because it does have some drawers where I can store away random odds and ends and keep my desk un-cluttered.
5. Chairs are a must for an office and I think this white one would compliment the desk well and rock a fun and colorful accent pillow.
6. I had no clue Urban Outfitters had some home accessories and I’m loving this pink cut lace vanity tray to hold some odds and ends in.
7. I also found this beautiful gold mod metal planter on Urban Outfitters and I think it would be the perfect container to show off my succulent.
8. I saw this clock on pinterest and fell madly in love. I can’t think of a better way to combine a clock, office decor and books! If you agree, you can find it at thehomewarescompany.com!
I can’t wait to create my own office space in September and to finally have a space for me to create in. Do you have an office space? What is important to you in a creative space? How did you design it? Let me know if there is anything I’m missing out-I’ve got a few more months to plan!