Amazingly Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
I have been on the hunt ever since I’ve been married to find the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have had some pretty successful attempts and a couple really interesting and weird fails too (like this one time I completely spaced on adding brown sugar to the dough….not my best effort). Dustin and I babysat our friends’ little girl a few nights ago and they left us some cookies to eat for a snack. They were some of the best cookies I ever had! My friend introduced me to Averie Cooks and I have been drooling over her recipes ever since. I decided to try one of her chocolate chip cookie recipes out for Superbowl Sunday (GO PATRIOTS!) and after changing a few minor things, I was blown away by how amazing these cookies were! They may be the best ones ever!
3/4 Cup unsalted butter
3/4 Cup brown sugar (I used light)
1/4 Cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup of Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of Guitarrd milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Soften the butter and beat in mixer for about a minute, until smooth and creamy.
2. Add in sugars and beat for an additional 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides if the mixture creeps up.
3. Add in egg and vanilla extract and beat for another 2-3 minutes so that it is light and fluffy.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat together. DO NOT OVERBEAT! About a minute should do.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips. I like using a combination of brands and flavors to get a more diverse and deeper flavor.
6. Scoop out onto greased cookie sheets and bake for 9-10 minutes. Once you pull the cookies out, let them sit on the pan for an additional 3-4 minutes and let them continue to bake on the sheet. Transfer to cookie rack to cool completely!
I’m telling you, these cookies are amazing! Let me know if you try this recipe out!
Also! Don’t forget that my giveaway for one of my favorite books, Bruiser by Neil Shusterman, closes soon! You don’t need to do anything to enter, just click the “being supportive” option! Thanks!