Spring Capsule Wardrobe Lookbook 2018
We’re entering week two of our Spring Cleaning challenge in the #yearofme Facebook Group (click here to join!) and one of the challenges coming up is to tackle the closet. Closet clean outs are my favorite because it gives me a reason to go shopping after (I’m in the mentality of “the more I get rid of, the more I can replace!) But really, cleaning out a closet can be kind of frustrating because once you get rid of all the clothes you’ve been hanging on to for old times sake or clothes that “might” come back into style or clothes that just don’t fit right anymore, you might be left with the skeleton of once a full closet. And, because we know that it takes time to purchase clothes to fill in the gap (real girls have real budgets, right?) we have to figure out how to best stretch our closet while we rebuild!
So! Today, I’m bringing a Spring Capsule Wardrobe lookbook to give everyone who is in the trenches of rebuilding your closet after your massive cleanout some inspiration on how to mix and match what is left over to get as many looks out as possible! Additionally, I hope this gives you some inspiration on what to buy when it comes to figuring out what new pieces to add to your closet this spring. Remember, you deserve to have clothes you feel confident in – and it’s okay TO feel confident in your clothes. This is YOUR vibrant life. This is YOUR #yearofme.
This Capsule Includes:
- Light Mint Green Sweater – Perfect for those early spring days when it’s cold enough to want to wear a sweater, but sunny enough to get hot in the car. The one I’m wearing is from Old Navy that I got from ThredUP for $8.99. (I couldn’t find a similar color one, but this is a great alternative)
- Blush Pink Detailed Blouse – Another deal I snagged from ThredUP – this blush color is perfect for spring and I love the tiny texture detail all over it. It’s super light and flowy – perfect for layering during the springtime. (Here’s a really pretty alternative that’s a bit more classic!)
- White V-Neck – Every closet needs the perfect white tee and this is the closest one I’ve found to it. I’m not convinced it IS the most perfect white tee, but it’s pretty good.
- White Jeans – FINALLY! It’s time to dust off the trust white pair of jeans from last summer and start working them into your closet again now that the sun is starting to shine! I love this pair from American Eagle.
- Distressed Jeans – This pair from Old Navy is one of my favorite pairs ever because they aren’t SUPER distressed, so you won’t feel too cold in them. They are also jeggings, so they have an elastic waistband and are so so comfortable.
- Grey Jeans – I love having a pair of colored denim available to really mix things up. I like this light grey pair because it’s a springy color!
- Blush Pink Dress – I got this during Mindy Mae Market’s dress sale a few weeks ago for FIFTEEN DOLLARS. I love that it isn’t a super fancy dress, so it can be dressed up or down. It’s got a swing silhouette, so it’s super flattering on all body shapes and it’s SUPER comfortable. Plus, blush pink is the perfect springtime color.
- Denim Jacket – Am I the only one who calls these jean jackets? It took me FOREVER to find the perfect denim jacket and I finally found this one off of Amazon of all places. I love that it’s a dark wash because it adds a lot of contrast to my spring-colored tops.
- Leather Jacket – I definitely needed an edgy piece to mix in with all the feminine colors I’ve got going on in this capsule. I love mixing edgy and girly pieces and think spring is one of the best seasons to rock a leather jacket for those cooler mornings and nights. I got this BLANKNYC one on sale a couple seasons ago and it is one of the nicest things I own. SO high quality. Definitely worth the money.
- Grey Cardigan – Grey and blush pink is one of the prettiest color combos out there and I love the lace up detail on the sides. I got this one from My Sister’s Closet.
- Grey Utility Vest – See above about color combos, but also, I think it’s important to have a lighter piece to layer with as it get’s warmer and warmer.
- Cognac Brown Sandals – You guys. Teddy chewed these up when he was a puppy, like three days after I bought them. And I didn’t throw them away because they were legit the most comfortable heels/sandals I’ve ever owned. And so I continue to wear them, with the puppy teeth mark in them and everything. THANKFULLY Old Navy brought them back this season, so I’m going to be getting myself a new pair ASAP! These run true to size (I wear a size 9.)
- Black Toms – Nothing is more comfortable to me than my pair of TOMS. TIP: I get my TOMS from Costco for at least 50% off – so keep your eyes peeled every time you make a Costco run! I size down a 1/2 size for these because they always stretch out a little on me.
- Black Nikes – I never thought I’d willingly wear a pair of sneakers with an outfit unless I was working out, but these Nikes have changed everything about the way I think about sneakers. One – they look sleek and not awkward and two – they are SO comfortable. I sized down a half size for these (8.5) and they fit perfectly.
Outfit Combos with Mint Green Sweater:
Outfit Combos with Blush Pink Blouse:
Outfit Combos with White Tee:
Outfit Combos with Blush Pink Dress:
What is your favorite outfit from this capsule? Have you joined the Spring Cleaning challenge in the HTC #yearofme Facebook group yet?
Also, if you found this post helpful, I’d be so grateful if you PINNED it! 🙂